mandag, desember 31, 2012

Dexter

I just watched Dexter the season final of Dexter 7. To some extent it has puzzled me why I like the series so much. There is of course something intriguing with a killer that seems to have a moral code.

Dexter is not a harmonious being. He is full of anguish, have trouble relating to others but on the surface. He doesn't walk - he glides - like a "fucking lizard on ice". Not someone I'd like to get on the wrong side of.

The simple reason I like Dexter will spare all other considerations and words. It's the characters, in their depth and complexity.

The simple reason I like Dexter is that they do not turn away. They do not shie away from pain. They do not turn a blind eye, but accept that your destiny is nothing but choices you have to live with.

The alternative is so much worse.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar